India surpasses US to report world's largest single-day tally of covid cases
This is one tally that Indians are surely not proud of, especially not being in the top of THE list - India is now on top of the global tally, surpassing rest of the world to end up with the most number of COVID-19 cases with nearly 22,91,428 active cases,
By the numbers
- According to WHO, there have been 142,557,268 confirmed cases of COVID-19 globally, including 3,037,398 deaths.
- Globally, a total of 889,827,023 vaccine doses have been administered.
- India now has 2,291,428 active cases with the total number cases recorded at over 15.93 million.
- In past 24 hours, more than 2.2 million vaccines were administered in India, taking the overall doses to 132 million
For the past few weeks, the number of cases India have been skyrocketing, setting new records almost every day. The Indian health ministry said on Thursday that India recorded 312,731 new infections in a 24-hour period, marking a new milestone in the coronavirus pandemic.
Also in the news
- India sets a new global record for daily infections - New York Times
- India records more than 200,000 COVID cases for seventh straight day as hospitals run low on oxygen - Marketwatch
- Coronavirus India Live Updates: With over 3 lakh cases, India records world’s highest single-day spike - Indian Express
- With 3.14 Lakh Covid Cases, India Records World's Biggest Daily Spike - ndtv